As the workforce grows more complex, businesses and organizations are tapping into new trends and people strategies to recruit and retain the best and brightest talent. With today’s four-generation workforce and the increasing globalization of business, workplace flexibility is an imperative for today’s 21st century workplace.
In recent research from SHRM, C-suite executives said that the biggest threat to their organizations’ success was attracting and retaining top talent, and found that the best way to combat this was to provide flexible work arrangements – even above compensation.
Additionally, flexible working arrangements have been proven to help keep employees engaged and productive. For instance, 91% of HR professional believe that these flexible work arrangement have a positive impact on employee morale, including job satisfaction and engagement. Research from the Families and Work Institute also found that effective and flexible workplaces can attract talent, increase diversity, increase job satisfaction, increase loyalty, increase social responsibility, increase productivity, reduce absenteeism, reduce stress in the workplace and retain talent.
As workplace flexibility becomes increasingly important in both today’s workplace and the workplace of the future, several key influences online are staying ahead of this trend and helping to navigate best practices and effective workplace flexibility policies. Below we’ve identified a list of talented bloggers in the HR and business space who we think are worth following as they help shape and uncover the future of the workplace.
- Lisa Horn (@shrmlobbystlisa), SHRM Blog and Next Blog
- Cali Ressler and Jody Thompson(@CultureRX) CultureRX
- Daniel Pink (@DanielPink) Daniel H. Pink
- Ellen Galinsky (@EllenGalinksy)- Mind in the Making
- Susan Avello (@SusanAvello)- HR Virtual Café
- Cali Williams Yost (@CaliYost)- Work Life Fit
- Jessica Smith (@JessicaNow)- Jessica Now
- Kyra Cavanaugh (@LifeMeetsWork)- Life Meets Work
- Leanne Chase (@LeanneCLC)- Career Life Connection
- Chrysula Winegar (@Chrysula)- Work. Life. Balance.
Think we missed someone or know of another blogger you think is relevant? Let us know!
- 176 views
Add new comment