Our search for the best swag—the “stuff we all get”—at the Society for Human Resource Management 2016 Annual Conference & Exposition netted a lot of contenders.
We skipped the standard buttons, stress balls and earbuds and went for the innovative, cute and delicious.
Read about the nominees:
- AHC, a benefits communication agency, offers attendees the opportunity to take photos with a stand-up cutout of the Queen of England and actors resplendently dressed as the Queen’s Guard (soldiers charged with protecting Her Royal Highness in England).
- CareerBuilder, a job board, lets attendees become presidential candidates with customized political campaign buttons complete with their photos.
- Ceridian, a global human capital management tech company, will silk-screen T-shirts customized with HR slogans (which it is printing on the spot).
- EBI, which offers pre-employment background checks, is giving away 1,600 prizes. Among them? GoPro video cameras, wireless JBL Flip 3 speakers, Mpow Macro Lenses and Starbucks gift cards to those who fill out a brief survey.
- Globoforce, a social recognition company, offers attendees a nearly overwhelming choice of candy.
- iCIMS, a software-as-a-service talent acquisition provider, has a T-shirt vending machine. A tweet—not money—activates the machine.
- Namely, an HR software company with a wellness focus, won’t be outdone by candy, so it is giving away healthy trail mix.
- Omaha Steaks, a purveyor of quality food gifts, offers attendees samples of steaks and ham.
- Paramount Transportation Systems, a global moving company, has plush teddy bears by Gund.
- Purchasing Power, a voluntary benefits provider, is giving away various kinds of brownies.
- UniGroup, a global relocation company, is providing a caricature artist.
- Walden University is offering a makeup artist and a professional photographer to shoot glamour shots it will then put on a thumb drive. It will even help place those shots on LinkedIn if necessary.
Voting ended June 21 at noon EDT.
Originally posted on SHRM Conference Today.
For more information and to attend SHRM 2016 Annual Conference & Exposition, visit www.annual.shrm.org.