For more than 45 years, the SHRM Foundation has supported the HR professional and workplace through scholarships, furthering HR research, and producing complimentary resources.
This Tuesday, December 2, is #GivingTuesday: a global day dedicated to giving and celebrating generosity. Consider skipping your morning cup of coffee, and instead, make an impact on the future of your profession by donating to the SHRM Foundation.
Join the #GivingTuesday movement by:
1. Making a donation to the SHRM Foundation
2. Sharing via social media
This year, the SHRM Foundation has:
- Awarded more than 100 scholarships to HR leaders and HR students
- Granted new HR research projects that study "what's next" for the future of HR
- Launched theme one of our thought leadership initiative, The Evolution of Work and the Worker, including publishing of a full report and digital hub, while hosting a thought leaders retreat, an executive round table, and webinar
- Studied and produced documents about the aging workforce, including a new DVD, two executive briefings, and co-hosted two webinars.
- Presented the Susan Meisinger Fellowship to Mandy R. Woulfe, an HR graduate student; the Michael Losey HR Research Award to Patrick Wright; and the SHRM Advisor of the Year to Debbie Mackey, advisor and professor at University of Tennessee Knoxville
Even more impressive than these facts are the stories from individuals who have benefited from your support. Reach more about researcher Dr. Sandy Wayne, graduate student Ivette Dupuis, and product author Dr. David Chenoweth at shrmfoundation.org/impact.
Follow the SHRM Foundation on Twitter at @SHRMFoundation