The New Health Care Reform Law: What Employers Need to Know (A Q&A Guide)
The Supreme Court’s landmark decision upholding President Barack Obama’s health care reform law removed the uncertainty that was making employers hesitant about implementing reform-related initiatives. Employers that took a “wait-and-see” approach now must play catch-up while they struggle to comply with numerous reform mandates. But some mandates have not been adequately explained in government guidance, leaving employers to wonder about the next steps. The New Health Care Reform Law: What Employers Need to Know (A Q&A Guide), 3rd Edition, has been updated to help employers identify the key reform compliance issues to address right now and in the coming months. This resource clearly, succinctly and authoritatively answers more than 500 questions that real-world professionals are asking now. This unique product will help employers and their service providers understand and comply with dates, deadlines and coverage mandates. Beyond that, it will discuss practical issues that will help them avoid the pitfalls involved in implementing reform initiatives. The updated guide provides you with the most up-to-date information on issues such as:
- New rules to create and distribute summaries of benefits and coverage to all plan participants
- Claims and appeal rules that affect urgent-care claims and external review
- Minimum loss ratio and premium increase rules and what they mean for employers
- Details on the essential health benefits package that all employer group health plans must offer their employees
- Reporting of health coverage spending on W-2 forms
- Impacts on health FSAs and HSAs
- Information on state insurance exchanges and what happens to employers when employees get coverage from an exchange and not from the employer’s plan
Click here to purchase The New Health Care Reform Law: What Employers Need to Know (A Q&A Guide) from the SHRMStore.
CCH’s Law, Explanation and Analysis of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
This book provides employers, as well as health, insurance and legal professionals, with comprehensive explanation and analysis of every aspect of health care reform legislation.
Click here to purchase CCH’s Law, Explanation and Analysis of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act from the SHRMStore.
2012 U.S. Master Employee Benefits Guide
Ideal for anyone involved in the area of employee health and welfare benefits, this guide features explanations of the many employee benefits changes arising out of recent law and regulatory developments.
Click here to purchase 2012 U.S. Master Employee Benefits Guide from the SHRMStore.
Employer’s Guide to Health Care Reform
- Grasp every implication of health care reform from the employer’s perspective
- Meet all deadlines
- Achieve significant cost savings
- Fully understand even the most complex new rules
- What types of legal challenges are being made to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- When is a plan a “grandfathered” health plan, and how to keep it that way
- Whether an employer-sponsored health plan covering solely retirees is subject to the Affordable Care Act design changes, such as the requirement to cover children through age 26
- What types of subsidies and tax credits are available right now to employers that provide health coverage to employees
- What additional changes to health plan design are going to be required beginning in 2014
- How will employer-sponsored health plans need to change their employee communications to address the Affordable Care Act requirements
- Which employers will have to pay a penalty if they do not provide adequate and affordable health plan coverage
- What is a health care exchange, and how will it affect the U.S. health care system
- What are the new Form W-2 reporting requirements for employer-sponsored health plans, and when do they go into effect
- When health care flexible spending accounts (health FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) may and may not pay reimbursements for over-the-counter medicines and drugs
Click here to purchase Employers Guide to Health Care Reform from the SHRMStore.
- 11 views
Add new comment