The last few years have seen the creation of an enormous amount of mobile applications designed to transform the way work is done. As more people ditch their laptops for the greater convenience of tablets, demand for mobile apps that can facilitate tasks and communications has never been higher. With developers racing to create the next great app, it can be challenging to determine which solutions will bring the most positive results.
For the HR professional, there are a number of apps that can help in all aspects of their job, from recruiting and onboarding to performance management and employee engagement. Yet, it is important to look beyond those HR-focused apps and identify the solutions that can improve productivity for employees and managers across the organization. After all, HR plays a key role in driving the processes that help the workforce perform their jobs better, so understanding the mobile apps that can help them achieve this is essential. The following are five mobile apps that can bring new efficiencies to the workforce and drive organizational improvement:
- LinkedIn Recruiter – Just as job candidates increasingly use their mobile devices to search for jobs, recruiters depend more and more on their mobile devices to find candidates. The LinkedIn Recruiter mobile app makes it easier than ever for busy recruiters to review applications, manage workflows and access profiles from anywhere on the cloud on their favorite devices.
- Salesforce1 – In today’s hyper-connected business environment, companies seek ways to facilitate and improve collaboration. Salesforce Touch enables users to access real-time information from their mobile devices, helping them access key information on company products, customers and projects. Moreover, the app delivers mobile chat and the ability for employees to access and participate anywhere and at any time.
- Evernote – Evernote raised plenty of eyebrows last year when the software company expanded into the hardware market and developed new mobile solutions to improve the knowledge transfer process. By combining its note-taking and data-storing software with leading hardware solutions, Evernote provides an innovative approach for sharing information.
- Bloomfire – Another valuable tool to facilitate knowledge transfer and social engagement, Bloomfire makes it easy to share information and messages with simple content creation and management tools accessible on any mobile device.
- Prezi – Taking presentation software beyond the limitations of Powerpoint, Prezi enables users to create and deliver dynamic presentations from their mobile devices. Users also benefit from the ability to edit and give presentations from their devices even without Wi-Fi access.
The rapidly growing use of mobile devices in the workplace necessitates the use of mobile apps that can improve the way work gets done. But rather than having employees use a wide range of different apps, HR must be able to determine which of the many solutions can have the biggest impact and deliver greatest ROI. Doing so will help to ensure the entire team can easily communicate with each other regardless of where they are or what devices they use. As a result, the company as a whole can be more productive and gain competitive advantage.