Have you ever heard of a company like this? Or is this just a dream job?
- Pays new employees $2,000 to quit.
- Makes customer service the responsibility of the entire company-not just a department.
- Focuses on company culture as the #1 priority.
- Applies research from the science of happiness to running a business.
- Helps employees grow-both personally and professionally.
- Seeks to change the world.
- Oh, and makes money too . . .
Sound crazy? It's all standard operating procedure at Zappos, the online retailer that's doing over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually. After debuting as the highest-ranking newcomer in Fortune magazine's annual "Best Companies to Work For" in 2009, Zappos was acquired by Amazon in a deal valued at over $1.2 billion on the day of closing.
In Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh shares the lessons he's learned in business and in life, from starting a worm farm to running a pizza business to LinkExchange, Zappos, and more. Fast-paced and down-to-earth, Delivering Happiness shows how a very different kind of corporate culture is a powerful model for achieving success, and how by concentrating on the happiness of those around you, you can dramatically increase your own.