Over 1200 pages. More than 40 essential forms for 2014 on CD, plus legal updates between editions free with purchase. Written by a practicing California attorney with nearly 25 years of experience providing strategic advice to many of California’s largest employers, this is the most practical, comprehensive guide to California employment law for human resources managers on the market today. The book provides complete coverage of 2014 rules for hiring, discrimination/harassment, investigations, disability accommodation, leaves, wage and hour, and terminations, including:
- Coverage of “best practices” used by California lawyers to advise their human resources clients
- Extensive compliance and audit checklists for litigation avoidance
- Forms CD with 2014 templates for meal and rest period policies, arbitration agreements, background check forms, severance agreements, offer letters, job applications, NDA’s and more
- Detailed examples showing how legal concepts are applied in the real world
- Comprehensive comparisons of California law to federal law and the laws of other states
Author Douglas J. Farmer received his law degree from Harvard Law School and his undergraduate degree from Harvard College, where he graduated magna cum laude. He has tried to verdict a wide range of employment cases in California state and federal courts. He is a shareholder, former managing shareholder, and founder of the San Francisco office of Ogletree, Deakins, one of the nation’s largest management side employment law firms.
For more information, please click here.
The SHRM Blog does not accept solicitation for guest posts.