If you were asked, would you be able to recite your company’s values? Does your company have explicit values?
Today’s guest is Mary Thompson, Chief Operating Officer of the Dwyer Group, which has been in operation since 1981. Mary will share the Dwyer Group’s company values and the importance of having them. At company meetings, employees are encouraged to recite the company’s code of values, with heart. The employee receives a certificate and $50 gift card. Why? The Dwyer group understand the necessity of repetition and reinforcement to allow these values to become a part of the fabric of their company. The main principles of their code of values is the idea of living “R.I.C.H.” with respect, integrity, customer focus and having fun. The Dwyer Group has many well-known service companies under its umbrella such as; Mr. Rooter, Mr. Handyman, Molly Maid and Aire Serv.
Mary Thompson served as the President of Mr. Rooter for nine years, and as the executive vice-president of the Dwyer Group before her appointment as the COO.
More information about Mary Thompson: following her first year as president of Mr. Rooter she was selected as one of 2007s Editor’s Choice Executives. Mary has won and been recognized by many awards and accolades since then. Mary also served as a member of the U.S. Marine Corps for eight years.
- The benefits of going over company values often and instilling their meanings.
- The importance of expanding your knowledge.
- Why leading by example benefits the whole business.
- How the Dwyer Group has maintained being at the forefront of franchise-based businesses for other 30 years.
- Why belonging is more important than fitting in.