I am excited to share with you the new Council for Global Immigration (CFGI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) guide, “Moving Forward on Immigration: How the U.S. Employment-Based Immigration System Works – and How It Can Work Better,” which contains information on:
- An overview of the U.S. employment-based immigration system;
- Must-know information on the president’s executive action;
- How reforms will help solve America’s skills gap;
- Important policy solutions that can make the system work better – from H-1Bs to worksite enforcement;
- Lessons from the global competition for talent; and more.
As part of the guide’s release, we are also debuting a new video starring Susan, a professional who faces new challenges when she is assigned employment-based immigration responsibilities for her organization.
This guide is just the latest resource from CFGI. As the preeminent organization serving legal and HR professionals who handle employment-related immigration, we communicate regularly on legislative, administrative and legal issues of concern; advocate for reforms to the system; hold major events like our annual symposium; and conduct training and seminars in person and via the web. We encourage you to learn more about us at councilforglobalimmigration.org.