Today we are living in times of unprecedented disturbance in all aspects of business environment, whether it be political, social or technological. In this situation, all organizations are continually strategizing, realigning, and responding to deal with the challenges. Therefore, the need for greater capacity and strategic focus in the delivery of Human Resource strategies and processes has never been more crucial.
“Let’s say there’s a game: 51%, you double the Earth out somewhere else; 49%, it all disappears. Would you play that game? And would you keep on playing that, double or nothing?” That’s what Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF),
the former CEO of FTX, was asked in a March 2022 podcast with Tyler Cowen.
The vast majority of us would not take the risk of playing that game even once. After all, it seems morally atrocious to take a 49% chance of all human civilization disappearing, for a 51% chance of doubling the value of our
civilization–essentially a coin flip.
As we wish our colleagues, family and friends happy new year, many investors are saying good riddance to 2022. Stocks and bonds were BOTH down double digits. Thanks to an inflationary environment and Fed rate hikes, markets have given back the growth we have enjoyed over the last few years.
With ESG issues playing an increasingly central role in organizations across the globe and governments taking ever more firm stances on policies that reflect ESG values, companies are facing the pressure to adopt ESG measures.
Whether you work in for-profit or in nonprofit like me, your organization may be preparing for a recession. That means making difficult decisions that make the most sense for long-term business success. As costs go up, you may feel the stress of budget cuts, especially at year-end.