By Lisa Horn, Co-Leader, SHRM’s Workplace Flexibility Initiative (@shrmlobbystlisa)
The Sloan Award application process is now open for employers of all sizes that are proud of their innovative and effective workplace practices. The Sloan Awards, given annually by SHRM and the Families and Work Institute, honor organizations that are using workplace flexibility as a strategy to make work “work” better – for both the employer and the employee.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase your organization’s flexibility strategies and better understand how your programs compare to others.
Need other reasons to apply? Check out these “Top 10 Reasons to Apply for an Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility:”
10. Provides a great opportunity to strengthen your organization’s brand.
9. Lets your customers know that you are an employer of choice in responding to the needs of employees and their families.
8. Gives you a tool to use to recruit and retain top talent.
7. Involves you in a vibrant and engaging network of organizations that are using workplace flexibility as an effective business strategy.
6. Increases your organization’s visibility by being an expert source on issues of effective and flexible workplaces for the media.
5. Shows your employees that an effective and flexible workplace is a priority for your organization.
4. Offers you the opportunity to be a winner and get national and local recognition.
3. Enables you to be featured in the Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work “Work”, the go-to source on best practices.
2. Provides an opportunity for you to learn what your organization is already doing well and how these efforts can be enhanced through the benchmarking reports provided to all applicants.
And the No. 1 reason to apply for an Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility ……… Stand out from your competition as an organization whose leadership values its employees.
Click HERE to apply for a Sloan Award!