Most organizations’ change efforts are unsuccessful. What would change leaders do differently next time? Here are the top five answers from a recent survey of 650 change leaders by Prosci Inc., which helps organizations with their change efforts:
1. Get the primary sponsors on board and engaged at the start of the project. Line
up sponsors throughout the organization.
2. Start change management activities sooner.
3. Increase employee involvement.
4. Secure sufficient resources, including time, funding and dedicated personnel.
5. Improve communication by providing more face-to-face encounters.
To find out how some HR leaders were able to transform their organizations, read HR Magazine’s November cover story, Wings of Change.