By Nancy Davis, Editor, HR Magazine
Here are some HR initiatives that you can launch during October, with tips from the pages of HR Magazine.
- Connect business strategy to employees’ social media use, with tips from Wells Fargo, GE and an Ohio manufacturer, among others, p. 30.
- Create an early retirement package that will appeal to just the right mix of employees—not too many, not too few, p. 40.
- Overhaul your health care benefits around the coming of public and private insurance exchanges, p. 46.
- Improve your employees’ shifts based on the latest research on productivity and sleep patterns, p. 54.
- To help sleep-deprived workers, identify office or plant space that could be converted into a nap room, p. 54.
- Add incentives to your quit-smoking program in line with the latest research about what works, p. 61.
- To cut costs on business travel, learn to negotiate with and make deals with extended stay hotels, p. 71.
- Experiment with online services that make it easy for employees to publicly award and recognize each other for jobs well done, p. 77.
- Devise a plan on how you would quickly respond to a U.S. Department of Labor audit, p. 28.
- Mitigate the legal risks of using emotional intelligence and other kinds of employee assessments, p. 87.