Here are five things HR pros should know this week courtesy of SHRM.
1. What’s the prognosis for health care reform? — Employers believe that the upcoming Supreme Court ruling will keep some aspects of the current health care reform law intact. What might remain the same? Find out here: http://bit.ly/SHRMHC
2. Is your social media policy NLRB-proof? — The NLRB has released new guidelines for social media policies in the workplace. You might be surprised to see what you are and not allowed to include in your policies. Find out more here: http://bit.ly/LJ4mCU
3. Hmmm … very “Pin”-teresting — Does your company use Pinterest? If so, you may be liable for copyright infringement. Find our more in our latest edition of Focus on HR: http://bit.ly/KfOXYX
4. Solve this riddle — Who gets a year of instant access to a team of HR knowledge advisors for less than what most people spend on Starbucks in a month? Our members do. That’s just one of the many benefits of joining SHRM and one of the reasons why over 250,000 HR professionals around the world choose SHRM over that extra latte. Become a member today and be equipped with best practices, compliance resources, education options and SHRM’s Knowledge Advisors’ personal assistance with your questions. AND, if you’re certified, you receive 3 recert credits each year. Join before June 15 and get a discount on membership (you can use the savings to grab that latte). Don’t miss out on the resources 250,000 HR professionals already enjoy! http://goo.gl/rRA5J
5. Don’t be a square, join the #SHRM12 Social Circle — Are you heading to the SHRM Annual Conference? Would you like to meet some of your peers who are headed there as well? Take a moment and join the SHRM12 Social Circle today: http://bit.ly/SHRM12SC