By Curtis Midkiff, SHRM Director of Social Engagement
Welcome to this week’s edition of the THE FRIDAY 5! Here are five things HR pros should know this week courtesy of SHRM.
1. Taking A Pass on Passwords — Experts weigh in on the implications of asking potential employees for their Facebook passwords http://goo.gl/3m0Mr.
2. Avoid the Boomer Drain — Last year, the oldest of the 77 million U.S. baby boomers turned 65 – the traditional retirement age — and about 10,000 more will be reaching that milestone every day during the next two decades. Can your organization afford to lose your reservoir of talented, experienced older workers in such a short time span? If not, click here for advice from SHRM and the AARP. http://goo.gl/hw2Np.
3. Ring the Bell for Financial Literacy — To celebrate Financial Literacy Week, SHRM CEO Hank Jackson will be joining winners of the SHRM/AICPA Workplace Leaders in Financial Education award to ring the opening bell for the New York Stock Exchange. Watch it LIVE Monday April 9th! Learn more about the award here http://goo.gl/BU6jw.
4. News You Can Use — Check out our new HR News App, to keep with breaking news on HR topics including: compensation, diversity, talent management and more: http://goo.gl/yrlpD.
5. Too Much Information? Maybe Not — Here’s how to make the most of the informational interview http://goo.gl/55ANZ.
BONUS ITEM: Would you like to attend #SHRM12 but need some help convincing your employer? Here’s a few tips from our Conference team! http://goo.gl/o7QRO.
That’s the Friday 5 for this week, enjoy the weekend!